1994 ex accord need advise on engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

donkeydawn11

Hi everyone I need some help my sons car its a 1994 honda accord ex 4d with a vetc motor in it. It is making a very loud tapping and clacking sound from the engine it is getting louder and louder so I guess its time to swap out the engine any one have suggestions on where I should start looking Junk Yard or craigs list or a Yard that pulls and sells engines ???

Also what is easiest way to change them out ??

Thanks so much

It might be a rod but if i were to change it out just get the exact same engine that way you don't have to change mounts. Also make sure it has low miles and junk yards would be cheapest.

I wouldnt put my money into a better and faster engine in my sons car...just because i'd be jealous >.<

i say best bet is to replace it with the same motor,less headache.lol,easiest way to pull it out is to attach a chain around the motor an other end to a truck,and wot the truck,she'll come out,lol,j/k,best places to look r local clasified,craigslist,an basicaly on the web,u should be able to pick one up cheap somewhere,good luck sir

Well, yes, if you want something that's 100% plug and play, than just look for a stock replacement. I'm just trying to spread some knowledge. An OBD1 H22 or H23 engine will bolt in using the Accord's mounts, and will wire up easily and provide a significant upgrade over the stock F-series.

Mister DiMocK acted like you have to change the mounts for an H22, and that's not true...

I would use a f20b dohc there's a little work to be done but it should mount right up .these engine can a little hard to find but I know where to go call this number 1-877-364-9100 I got my f20b dohc for 800 from there

thanks everyone now should I take the engine out by itself or with trans attached or lower it under the car with suspension detached what is the easiest?

Get or rent a cherry picker I think harbor freight has one for like 100 with a coupon and just return it when your done. Pull it out with the tranny it's easier to swap the tranny onto the new motor while it's out of the car

Back