1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 honda accord h22 swap question

Discussion in 'Accord' started by PosDnus, Mar 7, 2008.

1. PosDnus

PosDnus New Member

i plan on buying the swap from hmotorsonline, i want to have power steering what all do i need to do, thanks in advance

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:huh: Um...hook it up?

Seriously, H22 into an Accord is one of the easiest swaps out there. You can just reuse the Accord's A/C compressor and all the lines. Just hook it up to the new motor and you're good to go. That's all there is to it.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

EDIT: Ah crap, sorry, I'm stupid. I gave you instructions for retaining the A/C. You want to know about the power steering...

Anyway, the power steering is pretty simple as well. Use the H22's power steering bracket. The Prelude's power-steering pressure line is slightly different than the Accord's, so you'll need to cut the end off of the Accord's line and then replace it with an H22/H23 piece in order to get it to attach. You could try using hose clamps, but I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it. I'd have the new end TIG-welded in place for good measure.

Do some searching on the net. Somebody out there probably makes a kit for this.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted