1994 honda accord lx swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

601vigilante

Hello everyone, I'm new here so forgive me. I have decided to upgrade my cars engine. I am seriously planning to get an H22, but need some advice in what parts I'll need. I own a 94' accord LX type 1 Trans manual. It doesn't have a vtec so what will I need to make this happen: vtec ECU, wiring harness, or any others vtec related or not? Also if anyone has any tips with this particular swap or anything let me know. By the way browsing around here I really like this site, lots of good peeps. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
just buy a h22a obd1, and use your stock wireing harness and just run a few extra wires for the vtec. the h22 will drop right in and bolt right up with what you have you can even use your stock tranny if you wanted to but i would just put the h22a tranny in it while i was at it.

Thanks. So even though it is a vtec all I need is to wire it? Sweet if so. What about anything else while I've got it all out, suspension maybe?

as you can see by my sig ive done this swap. it was easy for the most part. i suggest buying the knock, vtec and iab wiring from rywire.com. that will save you some headache. id suggest using the prelude tranny. your best bet is to buy a complete swap from Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com. they are reliable, and decently priced. you will need a vtec ecu (p13 is the h22's). the driverside mount will have to be modified slightly to fit...alls you need is a hacksaw for this. search for write ups. they are all over the place.

So if I were to just get this http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30016 along with the optional lsd tranny, would that cover everything I need. It comes with p13 ecu and "all sensors needed"(assuming that includes knock sensor). Also I read a post by Tab saying that the IAB wiring is optional and that I could just run a vacuum line from my IAB to the intake manifold, bypassing the blackbox. What do you guys think about this setup?

Well hopefully if I can get it shipped here before I move I can get a forum diary going. I leave on the 14th and I haven't been able to get ahold of them. If anyone has experience with their shipping how long did it take?

Hey guys good news, hmotors online finally called me back. They said they could get it to me in as little as 3 business days, but the tranny would take a couple of weeks. I'm not too keen in paying extra shipping or having to do a transmission job after installing my engine, so just how bad would the torque oversteer be without the lsd? Oh yeah, the guy I talked to also said I would need a downpipe for the swap which would run me another $75. Anyone know about needing a downpipe?

Back