1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if your buying a d15b i would use the po8

and if your buyin the d16z6 you need the p28

if I were you , I would save the money and put it towards a B series

you be much happier with the torque and horse

any 94 - 95 integra engine, mounts, tranny, shift linkage, axles, engine harness

and ECU will drop right in to your 94 civic;) "D"

OK im kind of leading torwards what dbone was saying just dropping a b series in my car, but what exact b series engines will fit I'm using hmotorsonline.com as a reference but I'm not sure what engines will fit. I've only got 2 grand to spend but i have found most of the engines that they offer for less on ebay. If anyone has any type of helpful feedback I would appreciate it.

any b series will ffit but stay away form the accord and prelude b series there way diffrent

Ok this thread is pretty much helping me out but I am going to ask a few questions and I dont mean to hijack this thread...
MY CAR: 1992 Civic Hatch CX 5speed. Is that an EG6?
1.I am either going to do a D15b or D16z6 motor.
2.Will this motor drop striaght in with no motor or tranny mount mods?
3.Can I use my stock ECU or do I need to change it?
4.What is a P28 ECU?
5.Someone said that a D-series swap takes a few hours is that true?...I am a pretty experienced mechanic but not with honda's...i have built many DSM's and holy hell they suck!
6.Can I use my stock axles?
7.If I do need to change ECU's or should then what should I change to?
8.Is it easy to find parts(internal and such to build the motor) for this engine? Iheard some motors like the "ZC" motors are hard to find parts for.
9. Anything else i need to know....

had a crx but i sold it theres still pics in the for sale area of the motor. but its a super easy swap you can do it yourself in a few hours

thought you had a h22 ek.. :ph34r: :wall:

well, when he asked if you had a hatch.. you said you used to have a CRX.. did you forget about it or somethin

hell i just went back and read it idk i must have just miss read it.but it should be gone monday

Last edited:
finally know what i'm going to do. D15b vtec and a turbo, gettin a little extra money with my tax return :-D. then let's see who's got the last laugh.

Last edited:
Back