1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 Integra GSR with LS motor

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by rmk1223, Feb 17, 2011.

1. rmk1223

rmk1223 New Member

I have searched this forum quite extensively but haven't found the exact answer to my question. I have a 1994 Integra GSR without the motor. I have a LS motor that I can put in the car. I am wondering how the LS motor will run on the Vtec ecu. From what I have gathered I will have a CEL on constantly, above the Vtec engagement point the engine will run rich, and the rev limit will be set higher. I am planning on running racing this car so the running rich sounds like it would be the biggest problem. Is there anything I am missing?

2. 95dc4iwantoboost

95dc4iwantoboost Boost Envy

I did this and it will run, but your car will run lean. I lost over 30 hp from running a vtec ecu on a non vtec engine. The fuel maps are just different. It will possible set a cel on you when the ecu tries to engage the vtec and its not there. More then likely will set a cel as soon as you power on the car as it wont see the vtec solinoid

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

U can get an obd1 LS ecu for dirt cheap

4. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted