1995 Civic DX: To buy or not to buy, that is the qustion...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rusted rear panels usually get worse unless dealt with, which is annoying unless you enjoy cutting and body work then re-painting. I have the same car and I did my first engine swap in it by myself (my friends suck) in a weekend. I agree with most of the other people on here, keep looking and you'll find something better with less work involved.

rusted rear panels usually get worse unless dealt with, which is annoying unless you enjoy cutting and body work then re-painting. I have the same car and I did my first engine swap in it by myself (my friends suck) in a weekend. I agree with most of the other people on here, keep looking and you'll find something better with less work involved.

I don't exactly see where all the work is coming from.. Immediate work anyways. The motor swap was already done, and as for the rust spot I'll figure something out. It already comes with new bumpers to put on instead of the broken ones...

As for swapping out some small parts under the hood, and gradually working on the interior and exterior, I'm okay with that. I mean, I'm willing to drive it around with a mismatched paint job till I get the cash to get it painted (which might be a few years)...

But like I said earlier, if you think I missed a point or something, tell me flat out, I'm new with this stuff... so I'm sure there'll be something I miss

-Thanks for your feedback :D

It sounds like you really want this car. Most of us think you could get a better car for less money, or at least the same price. One that wont have a bad paint job, a possibly poorly done swap, and one that wont need all the replacement parts that this guy is throwing in. Plus its on ebay. Can you get the car checked out by a mechanic? If not then you are taking a big risk.

Ok. You make a good point.
I think I'll ask about getting a mechanic to check it out, and if not. I'll forget about this car.

Turns out he did not do the engine swap himself. He had it done at a Honda Shop. I'll be contacting the shop to ask about the cars condition.

Don't get caught up with the E-bay deal. Take a real good look around this time of year is when the best ones go up for sale. It's worth spending a little more money to save the headaches down the road. It's apparent you like this car but don't buy a box of parts just because the price seems right buy one you can enjoy without wrenching on it everyday.

cam gear

i have a 94 dx and i originally was just going to put a new timing belt in it but then i bought a unorthodox Pulley and a skunk2 adjustable cam gear while im in there i might as well make this 1.5 the best that it can be. well my qwestion is do i need a key for the cam gear or does the original have one. i want to have every thing i need on hand when i do this. i can go to unorthodox racing and get the instructions on the cran pulley any advice would be appreciated

i have a 94 dx and i originally was just going to put a new timing belt in it but then i bought a unorthodox Pulley and a skunk2 adjustable cam gear while im in there i might as well make this 1.5 the best that it can be. well my qwestion is do i need a key for the cam gear or does the original have one. i want to have every thing i need on hand when i do this. i can go to unorthodox racing and get the instructions on the cran pulley any advice would be appreciated

please start a new thread for non-topic related discussions.

Well you'll be the one driving it so if you get it and its pretty decent or you gotta do some work, then thats half the fun of it, doing it yourself. But the naysayers and I agree, ebay isn't the most reliable place to buy things, ESPECIALLY cars. Good luck.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. And I will go with the crowd.

I'll be patient and wait longer; I know how it is when you buy something because you think it's a good deal, and you have to make the deal now... but later you find something better...

I will just wait :)

THREAD CLOSED.

Back