1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 delsol swap ?'s

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by outlaw2156, Feb 17, 2005.

1. outlaw2156

outlaw2156 Junior Member

I am soon to become the owner of a 95' delsol with a 5 speed it the base model 1.5 sohc. The engine needs to be replaced and would like an upgrade....

What would be needed to swap in b16a2 SIR2? Would I need trans. or will the stock work/bolt up ok? I've done a little searching but I have never owned a honda so Its all new to me.

EDIT!!
    OK I feel like a dumbass....Its Not a 1.5 its 1.6 sohc....So how Does this change things?

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

You have a d-series engine (the motor/trans you have now). Most parts part with the exception of electronics will not swap to a b-series engine (the sweet sirII motor/trans) You will need the following parts:

- Engine / Transmission
    - Motor mounts
    - Ecu
    - Axles and intermedit (sp) shaft

It is a fairly easy swap since the del sol was designed to have a b-series setup. Visit Hmotors you can buy everything you need from one place and they have the best service in the industry.

3. outlaw2156

outlaw2156 Junior Member

Thanks, and damn complete change over package from those guys $2250 shipped not bad at all. Any idea what kind of performance I can expect?

4. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

you wont need mounts, stock mounts will work, except the rear bracket,

use your d series harness, and you will have to run the v tech wires to the ecu.
    ive answered this question 3 times in the past 3 days, do a search, there is bound to be an answer since i know i jsut answered, look down this page or search b16a2

5. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

ummm i do believe the rear mount is still a mount :p

6. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

no the rear "mount" is ok, its the bracket,

also you wont need an ecu, unless you run the engine obd2 ...= stupid

you WILL need a b sereis v tec distributor thats obd 1, obd 1 injectors (your d series will work) and an b series obd 1 alternator. you will need a b series throttle cable, you will need 00si axles, you will need to extend your shift linkage about 6 inch roughly, or buy del sol DOHC v tec linkage from a 97. you will need to use your d series heater core hose. i think thats it! your car doesnt have power steering but if it did or had it added you will need a oo si power steering pump line, ( $400 from honda)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted