1995 delsol swap ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

outlaw2156

I am soon to become the owner of a 95' delsol with a 5 speed it the base model 1.5 sohc. The engine needs to be replaced and would like an upgrade....

What would be needed to swap in b16a2 SIR2? Would I need trans. or will the stock work/bolt up ok? I've done a little searching but I have never owned a honda so Its all new to me.

EDIT!!
OK I feel like a dumbass....Its Not a 1.5 its 1.6 sohc....So how Does this change things?

You have a d-series engine (the motor/trans you have now). Most parts part with the exception of electronics will not swap to a b-series engine (the sweet sirII motor/trans) You will need the following parts:

- Engine / Transmission
- Motor mounts
- Ecu
- Axles and intermedit (sp) shaft

It is a fairly easy swap since the del sol was designed to have a b-series setup. Visit Hmotors you can buy everything you need from one place and they have the best service in the industry.

Thanks, and damn complete change over package from those guys $2250 shipped not bad at all. Any idea what kind of performance I can expect?

you wont need mounts, stock mounts will work, except the rear bracket,

use your d series harness, and you will have to run the v tech wires to the ecu.
ive answered this question 3 times in the past 3 days, do a search, there is bound to be an answer since i know i jsut answered, look down this page or search b16a2

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 17 2005, 11:44 PM
ummm i do believe the rear mount is still a mount  :p
[post=462425]Quoted post[/post]​

no the rear "mount" is ok, its the bracket,

also you wont need an ecu, unless you run the engine obd2 ...= stupid

you WILL need a b sereis v tec distributor thats obd 1, obd 1 injectors (your d series will work) and an b series obd 1 alternator. you will need a b series throttle cable, you will need 00si axles, you will need to extend your shift linkage about 6 inch roughly, or buy del sol DOHC v tec linkage from a 97. you will need to use your d series heater core hose. i think thats it! your car doesnt have power steering but if it did or had it added you will need a oo si power steering pump line, ( $400 from honda)

Back