1995 dx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RYZILLAWHZ

Will a b18b bolt in? What would I need to Change if not? And what other engines would fit. Just getting into this whole scene help me out!!

Lots of ways to make a swap work but this is the easiest and since you are new....stay with a B18B swap for now.
Don't worry about too much else b/c it takes research and time (on this site) to figure these things out.
So I will give you a mini lesson on a B18B motor in your 95 DX (this thread is in the wrong section.....you got it in 88-91 Civics)

Motor:
95 OBD1 B18B1 Longblock
Or you can get a newer one (96-01) but it gets more complicated this way (I would put a 94-95 Alternator, Distributor, Injectors)
Older motor than '95 is a bad idea and illegal in most (if not all) states. (same year or newer than chassis)

Transmission:
Any 94-01 Integra transmission will work (other trans too but lets keep this simple)
B18B is cheapest, most abundant and long geared nice for highway driving/mpg
B18C1 GSR is the best (IMO) transmission for a B-series (cost a little more than a B18B) it will jump out of the hole nicely with the B18B
B16A (there are these out these for sale sometimes) is short geared but sucks on the highway (5th @70mph @ almost 4,000rpm)
B16B, B18C5 are the cream of the crop (Type R) with LSD stock but expensive

Engine Harness:
You can use your DX engine harness or a USDM B18B1 engine harness
JDM harnesses will not work in a USDM car without lots of mods

Mounts:
You can use all the stock DX mounts except the rear transmission mount needs to be B-series. But if you can get all the B18B mounts....do it.
(I got a rear mount for sale :wink:)

Axles and Shift Linkage:

94-01 Integra.....easy.
(I got shift linkage for sale too :wink:)

ECU (computer):
94-01 OBD1 P75......period.

New timing belt, water pump, clutch, cap/rotor, spark plugs, plug wires, etc are often changed when swapping (a smart man tries to do all of these)
Little hose mating and such but that's it.....direct fit.

You wanna learn more ....check out threads.
I have two threads below (in my signature) on swaps in my 92 Civic Si (VTEC wired so a little different than you)

Back