1996 Acura Integra Questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seth119580

Hey everyone,

I need some basic questions answered.

Ok here it goes, I am aquiring a 1996 acura integra LS 2door hatchback.

1.) I was wondering what engine and transmission are in this particular year and model?

2.) Is this engine and transmission worthy of a turbo setup, nothing to big just you know a little get up on the street.

Eventually I would like to either aquire a new engine and build it up with new pistons, cams, valves and all the goodies.

But The main thing is what engine and trans would be in this and are they good, and worthy of any kind of turbo setup?

Integra LS- 1834cc DOHC non-vtec .. multiport injection .. 9.2 compression ..
142 hp @ 6300rpm/127 lbft @5200rpm, Redline 6800 ..

Compared to VTEC, this thing has a low redline. It's mostly the rod to stroke ratio that prevents this. But, if you do internals you could beef up its relatively weak crank/destroke it. Many prefer to turbo this one because of the 9.2 & the 5speed gearing. I lost info on the 5speed, easy to find though .. all numbers are stamped on the casing. Provided that compression is equal on all cylinders, this motor's a good candidate for your needs.

yeah, these engines are great to turbo. When looking into the LS engine you have the option of slapping a vtec head on there or turbocharging it and by a gross margin the turbo will build much more power. i have a 14b running only 6.5 psi and managed 160 hp whp not shabby consider thats roughly 30-40 hp gain over stock.

Back