1996 Gsr Into 1988 Civic Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3DVspec-II

:worthy: I have every part from a wrecked GSR wheels brakes cv joints engine (vitals) and it runs and the front end pulls perfect but the rear end is totaled out, severe, ouch!

To the point I know that I need the HASport mount kit to perform this swap, but does anyone know if I can trade all of the wiring and ecu bull from the GSR to my car without having to buy a harness?

HASport won't tell me until I become a "Paying Customer" like I don't need their mounts or something.

Just when it comes to plugging it all in, can I remove all the wiring from GSR?

Can I use complete cv shafts without dismantling if I do full hub and brake swap too from GSR?

Do I so really need new shift linkage?

And has anyone changed from dual point to multi injection before?, is that necessary in a perfect world if I can swap all the electronics from the GSR as if the collision never happned?

first you will need the rear and drivers side engine bracket from a 90-93 integra. withought those you will not be able to utilize the hasport mounts, since hasport doesnt make a kit for that exact swap. and you will need to convert to dpfi since your car is mpfi. and since you got a 1996 engine that makes it obd2. i would suggest converting everything to obd1. it will make everything easier. and lastly, you will need to get a cable tranny. i dont know of any coversion kits to make it hydro so i would just sell the y80 tranny that came with it and buy a y1 (b16) or ys1 (from 92-93 GSR)

actually you have DPFI and you need to run MPFI... for the wiring i would use the DX harness and upgrade to mpfi. then i would add all the vtec, knock, and 02 sensors, and then finally i would upgrade to obd1.
if you go all at once things get confusing. If you want more info on converting to obd1 send me a PM...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Apr 22 2003, 03:01 PM
actually you have DPFI and you need to run MPFI

yea thats what i meant, lol, sorry i got em a lil mxed up there

:unsure: THANK YOU I'm sure that I'll understand more of that as I put my foot deeper into it.

would it be better then or not if I swapped GSR for LS of '94 -- '90 then I get cable trans and

brackets out of the way plus obd1 right?

Isn't it ideal though to have B18C1 with LS B16A1 tranny in this conversion?

<_< It's funny how much I haven't done for the money I've spent and have no idea what I'm doing...I paid $900 for the '88HB the cam seized up popped off the gear letting me be stranded. So I buy this totaled out GSR for $150 no-one knew it ran perfect and it all sounds good but I have no idea where to start confidently :(

Back