1997 b18b1 in 1994 civic dx couple of questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowRider

Hi. I have searched for the answer to my questions but come up with multiple answers that state diffrent things so I dont know what is right.

I am putting a obd2 97 integra b18b1 in a 94 obd1 civic dx I have the wire harness to the b18b1 so.

Do I have to change the injectors to obd1?

Do I have to change the Distributor to obd1?

Can I just plug in the obd2 wire harness?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thanks for the answer. Also can I use the intake manifold with the sensors from the stock engine. Because the b18 one looks like the sensors are diffrent.?

Originally posted by SlowRider@Jan 3 2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the answer. Also can I use the intake manifold with the sensors from the stock engine. Because the b18 one looks like the sensors are diffrent.?
[post=440666]Quoted post[/post]​

Well if your civic dx was a manual tranny then your best bet would be to use the civic harness. You will not be able to use the b18 harness because it is OBD2 and your harness that goes to the ecu and under the dash (the plugs on both strut tower mounts) are OBD1. So use the civic harness and everything will plug right in. Perfectly...Then get a OBD 1 distributor and ecu. Plug and play...your done! If you need to find the parts let me know.

I'm pretty sure you can use the obd2 intake mani on it as well. If worse come to worse swap the sensors from the d series, I think they all should fit or source them from a junkyard or ebay.

Back