1998 B18C1 OBD2 in a 1990 CRX si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey there im new to this forum. i have a question for anyone that can help me. i have a built b18c1 out of a 1998 GSR. well i need a car to throw this into and i had a crx before and i want another one. i was wondering if there was a way to put the OBD2 engine in a OBD0 CRX Si and make everything work like it should? aka vtec not controlled by a switch(a buddy of mine has his rigged up in his car like that) any help???

you can put it in a rex, but it would be some work. vtec controlled by a switch is just plain lazy, be prepared to order special shift linkage (more than likely), beat out a small area where the alternator sits in the engine bay, make sure your mounts will line up, and hopefully you find someone whos familiar with OBD2 wiring, because Im not :-( if your determined and have patience, you can do it

btw a 90 si probably has a cable clutch and the gsr has a hydro tranny, so your gonna need a swap kit for the trans. try posting in the hybrid forum next time, you more likely to find help thats related to your question

You put this in the EW forum which is for 84-87. I moved your thread for you.

Back