1999 honda civic ex voltage problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orangemanja

99exturbob16aswap
whats up everybody!
i have a 1999 honda civic ex with a turbo b16a2 swap
i recently had the engine rebuilt (the wastegate stuck open causing to much boost, had to try it out blew a piston) anyways i am having a problem with the battery constanly dieing. I took the battery to advanced and had them test it and it was fine and charged at 14v.I checked the connections for corosion, the alternator plug and wires and tested the alternator. At normal idle the the multimeter read 13.4v at the alternator and 13.9 at 2000rpm with nothing else turned on then i tested it with the air on and the headlights on at 2000rpm and it still read 13.9 volts. When i shut the car off the battery read 13v.
what else can i check and where is it located or what else could be the problem?
or
do you think the alternator is bad ?

thanks
jason

you posted in the wrong forum, i think this is more of a general problem or could even be in the eg and ek forum

your battery dieing sounds like something i have experienced when the switch on the door of my car broke. the lights wouldnt shut off and the battery would die if i left it for more than a couple of days. remove the battery cable and see if the problem persists. if it stops then there could be something draining it gradually.

Back