1G Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

araychel

What is the best way to go about reaching 1G on the skidpad for a Civic coupe. Has anyone reached that on their cars here? Post your setups if you did!

I wouldn't doubt that I am close.

90% of it has to do with tires. If you think of it in physics terms, with angualar acceleration, the force that is keeping you rotating is the Force Centriple (acceleration towards the center)

The only forces are Force of friction, Force normal, and Force of gravity. To increase friction, you must increase your friction static constant (mu static) or increase your force normal.

Suspension basicly makes your car apply as much of its weight to all four wheels while turning, keeping your normal as close to constant as possible. Stiffer springs, stiffer sway bars, and better dampers try to apply the cars weight to all wheels, instead of having 2000lbs of force on the right tires and zero on the left.

As far as my setup...

Tein HA's (8kg front, 6kg rear)
ITR rear swaybar
GSR front Swaybar
195-50-15 Potenza S03's tires (soon to be azenis)
rota 15*6.5 wheels
Various Tie bars

With any good suspension setup and some R compound tires will defently throw you over 1.0g of lateral acceleration.

In that setup, they even used a pretty mild Spring/shock combo. The progress springs have pretty soft spring rates, and tokico shocks are not as agressive as lets say Koni Yellows. With a few diffrent parts, for sure they would have had higher results.

definatly

i am shooting for elise territory... i dunno if its gunna be possible.... but everyones gotta have goals right :)

Good find on the Progress setup, I think that will help me. I guess I was looking for specific setups when I first posted. I have an idea what I want to do, I just don't know which parts I want to install exactly.

I am probably going to autocross my Civic this year, so I want to set it up better. I have all stock suspension right now, so anything would be an improvement. However, it is still my daily driver, but I'm young so there are some compromises that can be made.

Plus, I have rear drums now, but I have a complete trailing arm setup from a disc brake car that I will install and I figure that I might as well change to Energy Susp. bushings with everything off the car! Any tips on removing the old rubber and installing the new PU bushings?

If your just entering autocross, I would recomend learning how to drive first. It is much easier to learn with a basicly stock car then a car just short of a club car.

As for instaling them, press and a tourch.

:withstupid:

definatly get some seat time on a stock car .... your learning curve will be a hell of a lot better

Back