1st 91 crx si rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kobischka

wadup im zach to be honest i'm a newb when it comes to caars in general.
Anyways i just got a 91 crx si. it has a blown engine block. I can either buy a new one and rebuild it form scratch or ENGINE SWAP IT!. Here's the deal though with these gas prices hittin me like they do, it makes me want to get a stable engine that can last and is easy on the gas. yah mean? so whats the best choice for a 91 crx si engine swap?

if your worried about gas,throw a stock d16a6 in it,
if you want hp,you will sacrifice gas mileage,if you want gas mileage you will sacrifice hp...
figure out what you want and let us know

As far as gas is concerned I agree put a D16A6 back in it. Thats the stock motor for that car and the cheapest/easiest way to go. Thats what I have in my 89 CRX Si. After a fresh tune up and keeping my foot out of the accellerator I can get 37 to 39 mpg. It has decent power for the weight of that car. Still has enough power to haul ass. You would probably be happy with it. Its cheap and easy. I would say start with that. If you aren't happy with it you can always swap it out later but atleast you will be saving on gas in the mean time. You can always sell that motor to get your money back too.

I'm going for gas mileage . i've got most of the parts that i need minus the block.bare with me i'm still getting familiar with my car and i've never attempted to rebuild an engine. i've got all the patience in the world for this project and i'm looking to invest under 5k on the whole car.

then do the d16a6..if later on you feel you need more power you can put a d16z6(vtec) head on it,,and bump the compression a little

where are you located? if you're in arizona, i'll sell you a complete d16a6 for $250. it's complete, running when removed. then you don't have to worry about a rebuild ^^ it was rebuilt once in the past, but i put about 50k miles on it after that. never had any problems with it.

i live in illinois but how much of a hastle would it be to ship it and what might it cost then

i can do a little research, but to be honest, with the cost of freight, you'd be better off finding one in your area. they are pretty common around import shops that do swaps. ask around and check your local craigslist. if there isn't one up there, make a Wanted add on there, one will turn up.

Back