1st gen 81 accord hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lkrfn5283

Going to pick it up today. It's in great condition and is going to be a dd for a while. I have a b18 sitting in my teg (which is no longer driveable, motor still good though) and I was planning on dropping this in eventually. I live in cali and i'm planning on making it cali legal. I called the los angeles county smog referee and he basically said I need all the main engine components to make it cali legal (wiring harness, air filter.....etc etc). I know i'm going to have to mod the engine bay, make new engine mounts, shorten the axles from the da (i'm using the da as a doner carfor a lot of my parts...brakes, suspension, rotors and all) and mod tons more to get this thing running and looking the way i want it. I want to do this right. I would like to hear any and all input on this swap. I'm going to be sticking with the ls motor as that is what I have. I'm thinking of sticking with the ls tranny as well.....well at least for a while. I'm going to build the engine before I drop it in, but I don't want a frankenstein motor. I reiterate.I'm keeping this cali street legal. (tired of worrying about cops pulling me over and sh*t.)

List of parts I have on the teg that i'm planning on swapping to the accord:
1. B18a motor
2.Ls tranny w/cp short shifter with mugen knob
3. Stock da rotors,calipars
4. front axels, rear axels (can i keep the stock ones from the accord? noob question...i know)
5. *hopefully........suspension from the da. (i need to do more research on this part)
6. DC cermaic coated headers or should i go itr?
7. tanabe racing medallion exhaust system..........i'm still contemplating if i want to put this on the accord. i'm going for a sleeper look and might go with a "stock" looking exhaust system (i'm going for balance of hp and sound with a stock look)
8. 16" rota racing circuit 8's (gunmetal.....i plan on painting the car black w/black interior)

List of what i want to add/take out:
1. remove back seats. gut rear portion of interior.
2. full roll cage that I will build and weld myself....yes i know...i said i wanted a stock looking accord, but this is more for safety purposes as i will be doing togue
3. most likely will go with full bucket seats with 5 pt harnesses

any input would greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Back