1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st gen 81 accord hatch

Discussion in 'Accord' started by lkrfn5283, Jun 13, 2007.

1. lkrfn5283

lkrfn5283 New Member

Going to pick it up today. It's in great condition and is going to be a dd for a while. I have a b18 sitting in my teg (which is no longer driveable, motor still good though) and I was planning on dropping this in eventually. I live in cali and i'm planning on making it cali legal. I called the los angeles county smog referee and he basically said I need all the main engine components to make it cali legal (wiring harness, air filter.....etc etc). I know i'm going to have to mod the engine bay, make new engine mounts, shorten the axles from the da (i'm using the da as a doner carfor a lot of my parts...brakes, suspension, rotors and all) and mod tons more to get this thing running and looking the way i want it. I want to do this right. I would like to hear any and all input on this swap. I'm going to be sticking with the ls motor as that is what I have. I'm thinking of sticking with the ls tranny as well.....well at least for a while. I'm going to build the engine before I drop it in, but I don't want a frankenstein motor. I reiterate.I'm keeping this cali street legal. (tired of worrying about cops pulling me over and sh*t.)

List of parts I have on the teg that i'm planning on swapping to the accord:
    1. B18a motor
    2.Ls tranny w/cp short shifter with mugen knob
    3. Stock da rotors,calipars
    4. front axels, rear axels (can i keep the stock ones from the accord? noob question...i know)
    5. *hopefully........suspension from the da. (i need to do more research on this part)
    6. DC cermaic coated headers or should i go itr?
    7. tanabe racing medallion exhaust system..........i'm still contemplating if i want to put this on the accord. i'm going for a sleeper look and might go with a "stock" looking exhaust system (i'm going for balance of hp and sound with a stock look)
    8. 16" rota racing circuit 8's (gunmetal.....i plan on painting the car black w/black interior)

List of what i want to add/take out:
    1. remove back seats. gut rear portion of interior.
    2. full roll cage that I will build and weld myself....yes i know...i said i wanted a stock looking accord, but this is more for safety purposes as i will be doing togue
    3. most likely will go with full bucket seats with 5 pt harnesses

any input would greatly appreciated

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted