1st gen CRX SWAP, need input!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grimvamp101

okay, so i took my crx (1986), to a machine/motor shop, and we got the motor bolted in execept for the Axles.no the problem here is that the guy said that the 86 axels wont work with this motor (D15B7), so what axels do i use?and he also stated that when i get diffrent axles, that i will have to change out the hubs as well, because the power from this motor will shear the splines in my 86 hubs, plus, he says the 86 hubs spline hole is too small, so what hubs do i need?thanks, i really need the info!

-bryan

May need the integra axels and hubs cant say for sure though, you may need custom ones if those dont fit.

Just curious...

Why did you swap a D15B7 into that car?

I mean, if you swapped that in, you had to change the car over the OBD1...and if you changed the car over to OBD1, then why wouldn't you put a Z6 in there?

Also, you're probably going to need 92-95 Civic axles and hubs..I don't think the EF input shafts will work on the B7 tranny, but I might be wrong.

Also, all the 88-91 DX and Si's have the same axles and hubs...only the Std's are different

Quoted post[/post]]
Just curious...

Why did you swap a D15B7 into that car?

I mean, if you swapped that in, you had to change the car over the OBD1...and if you changed the car over to OBD1, then why wouldn't you put a Z6 in there?

Also, you're probably going to need 92-95 Civic axles and hubs..I don't think the EF input shafts will work on the B7 tranny, but I might be wrong.

Also, all the 88-91 DX and Si's have the same axles and hubs...only the Std's are different

well, my friend had a motor, which was the B7, and i kinda scortched my pistions, so thats all i had for options, money wise.im on a tight buget, and i have already spent a grad on this setup.i didnt use the B7 head, because the wiring or what ever i would have to do would have costed to much, so i used the 86 crx head, kinda stupid, but i guess it will work. :)

will the 92-95 hubs need to modified to fit the 86 suspension setup?or will it bolt right up?

if you find something that works, PM me, cause i'm looking forward to buying a 1st gen crx right now

Quoted post[/post]]

wrong i have owned a 88 and a 90 dx that have had dx hubs and worked on many otheres that have have it is a hit or miss type of thing and also you can use ef axles in a 92-95 trans

Back