2.0 build up ( what is the max )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

customandsound

what is the max hp you can get in a 2.0 ? i know about the peening and polishing .. i need to know max bore ect......

Shut up now. There is no real way to "GUESS" power. This question can not be answered on an Online Message Forum. You need to build the engine for NA or Boost and Dyno it.

Originally posted by customandsound@Jan 23 2005, 01:05 AM
what is the max hp you can get in a 2.0 ? i know about the peening and polishing .. i need to know max bore ect......
[post=449877]Quoted post[/post]​
i don't want to dump a ton of cash in to and then send a rod right out of it........ i will just go with plan b..... h22 swap.... i got 4 2.0's all in car's... but you will never know unless you try ....... any build one up? it is a write off any way ...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jan 23 2005, 02:09 AM
Shut up now. There is no real way to "GUESS" power. This question can not be answered on an Online Message Forum. You need to build the engine for NA or Boost and Dyno it.
[post=449908]Quoted post[/post]​
see this is why i don't like these dam board..... f***en smart *** remarks ........ bring your car to pa......

You joined today and you don't like the board already?

wtf??

Brian didn't give a smart ass response, what he said has plenty of ground. There's no way in hell to simply guess what kind of power a motor will make with a build when he gives us a very vague description to go off of. Hell, guessing on a specific build up is hard to do.

The only solution is to build it and dyno the damn thing.

ill bring my car to Pa, since I go there once in a while.

We defenitly cant guess HP, especially with that little information. Is it going to be turboed? aLL-motor?

What is your goal, you don't build a motor to max it out, youi build it to what you want it to be.

I built my LS to have ~250 HP, and I reached my goal the first time at 253 hp. I am doing the same thing this time, but with different parts, so I don't know if I'll hit my 250 goal.

i don't want to dump a ton of cash in to and then send a rod right out of it........ i will just go with plan b..... h22 swap.... i got 4 2.0's all in car's... but you will never know unless you try ....... any build one up? it is a write off any way ...

wtf are you talking about seriously?
i got 4 2.0's all in car's?
do you have any VAGUE concept of the matters you are discussing?
you need to limit your topic of discussion so people can interject points and details, not books and dissertations.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/

dosterschill

I tried to block that post outta my mind, because I woulda went HT on him. I got a warning last time I did that.

Still, let me skip the stupidity of that post once more. A 2.0l can have 900 hp, 111 hp, 2000 hp, 23 hp. Like I said, you build it to your specifications. I wanted a bossted LS, and I wanted 250 hp. My goal was very realistic, and it was on a realistic budget. I paid no more than 3k for the whole setup including the car. And I got exactly what I wanted out of it.

It also depends on what car it's going into, if it's a civic or integra, your h22 idea isn't the best option IMO. Stick with the b series in this case. For one it's a much simpler swap, and believe me they have PLENTY of potential. Another reason is they have tons of aftermarket parts available so you can reach your goal.

Again, we can't even estimate what kinda hp you could make. I mean we could have even given you a better example if you told us whihc engine you were using and what your budget looked like. Then you would have had to tell us what kind of setup you wanted, boost or N/A.

no point in being an assholes. this is not ht so lets try and keep it that way. when you guys get out of homeroom maybe you can help point him in the right direction.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back