2.0 poormans questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whyn0t

Alrite so before I get this b16 head I wanna make sure there isn't gonna be any snags I'm going for The 550hp area. I got a sleeved 84mm jdm gsr block with ls crank, ls rods, arias 9.0 to 1, usdm b16 head. Is there anything I'm gonna have to keep in mind when getting head studs, and head gaskets, etc? This is my first build so any advice will be great thanks

Not really, parts would basically be for a ITR/B16A minus the reciprocating assembly. For head gasket just make sure you get a 84mm one, of course.

if your going to sleeve the block why not go with a bigger bore? 86 or 87mm? 9:1 is good compression but 10:1 will help you make more power with less boost. not to mention reducing lag.

Also you will need GSR head studs not B16 head studs. B16 head studs are shorter than the gsr.

I assume he already has the pistons and blocks, so if he over-bored some more he would need to buy new pistons.

:werd: on the head studs; though ITR should be the same as GSR. Rule of thumb for head studs is to match it to the block.

This is your first build? I say put these parts to the side and build a few d-series for practice. That way, if you blow it up because of user error, you only wasted a few hundred dollars and not a few thousand.

Back