2 10 rockfords

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

i got 2 of those new 10 inch rockfords in my car the 1ns that are chrome in the middle the hit hard as my 2 12'' kickers did with the same amp

Agreeed, should have went with the twelves- My JBL 12's POUND with my rockford amp- I have a headche every timei get out

10's > 12's
12's are only good if ur a homeboi and listen to sn00p d0gg all day
10's are great for all types of music including heavy rock with quick bass response.

i preffer something in both worlds, 1 12, and 2 tens is perfect because you get good distortion bass from the 12 (you could get a 15 if ur rich and have room) and still get the hard fast hit of the 2 tens.

12's are for if you want to be heard a mile away, or coming down the strip.

10's are for the musc enthusiest that wants his shit to sound good, and still be heard by the peole standing next to your car.

cointelpro is wrong, dont get diferent size subs, in most cars, but not all they will the frequency fromt he bigger sub(s) will cross and cancel out the frequency from the smaller sub(s). making it pointless to have diferent sizes, all you need is one sub, unless your going for spl, and you just have to tune your crossover points and everything until you get what you like.
joe

my one image 15 and my boston coaxes rock. loud clean and hit a 143db with only 300 watts

i used to have 2 of the 10' he series.... ill be upgrading to the he2 series after winter.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 6 2003, 12:20 PM
Fosgate's are great, but 10's suck. I only like 12's or bigger, no offense.

you've never heard a 10w7 before, have you?

well you may think im wrong but ive heard some crx's at my school who got a 12 and a 10 and it sounds good to me <_<

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 7 2003, 05:44 PM-->
rudeludenotmeanthough
@Nov 7 2003, 05:28 PM
12's are for if you want to be heard a mile away, or coming down the strip.

10's are for the musc enthusiest that wants his shit to sound good, and still be heard by the peole standing next to your car.

I always thought that was 15's. :p

I always got a good blend of rap and rock out of my 12's. I'd go from Brotha Lynch to Pantera and both would sound equally as good. 12's are a good halfway point for high/tight and low/loose bass. Just like an engine, it's all in how you tune it. I can run a P.A., so I just tune my stereo the same way. My next set-up, after a lot of performance upgrades, is going to be a pair of Kicker L7 10's and a 1200.1 amp. B)

no no no, you must be thinking of 18"s

Fosgate's are great, but 10's suck. I only like 12's or bigger, no offense.

is this big enough for you?
fosgate team rf 15
yes that is a 15 and the speaker next to it in the pics is an he2 10,
id like to someone to say theres any woofer better than this? mayeb if you want to get picky about sq but for the most it is quick and good enough for daily driving but i tell you, it gets loud,
ive had a dd 9915quad so i know what im talking about, if you dont know what dd is then you dontk nwo what your talking about

just to put other myths to death- it doesnt matter the size fo the woofer, yuo can have 6 1/2"s hitting lower and louder than 12s, it really depends on the box
check out powered4sound.com if you want some real boxes
393119_70.jpg

393119_72.jpg

and also, yeah asst sizes of woofers will caus cancelation issues and if your not going for cometito sq or spl and dont care if its ghetto and if it sounds good to you, then everythings ok

Back