2.25" Drop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Is a 2.25" drop too much for a del sol? will I be scrapping everything on the road or will I be ok? Also what would be a good drop for a daily driver?

Well, it is entirely up to you how low you go, provided that your local police department does not care how low you go....you pick!!

There are so many options for you out there to make for a proper lower job. Do you like the super canned look or do you want a more autocross style half drop???

Tell me, are you running 16" rims or 17" rims??
How much do you want to spend??

:)

Im looking into some lightweight 15's or 16's and the springs/struts are from a friend that he never put it on his car. Im more into drag racing but i love corners too. there is no track around here but i live in the backroads of america where the roads are as curvy as pam anderson. The police are way to busy to even care about ride height. I just dont want to break my bumpers or dent my exhaust if it is to low. my friend has a 1.75" drop on his eclipse with 18's and sometimes he has to take it very slow around driveways and some bumpy streets. I want to go with 15" or 16" wheels.

i dropped my sol 3 inches and was ok - just really bad camber

if you have 15s you will probably be ok depending on the diameter of your tire. If you stay stock diameter, I wouldn't imagine you would have too many problems because Del Sol's come pretty high off the ground. I'd just look into a camber kit for a drop over 1.5

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jun 4 2003, 08:36 AM
what about a 16x7 with a +43 offset

heavier than 15s would be
weight is further from the center so it takes more effort to move them

basicly it will make you slower

like i said even if its a 14lb 16... the same wheel in a 15 will be lighter
even if you had 2 wheels 1 15 and 1 16 both weigh 14lbs the 15 will still take less energy to rotate because the mass of the wheel is closer to the center

now if these are street wheels then who gives a fuck get what you like ... but if you want them for performance reasons then they are not a good choice

Back