2 O2's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I didn't know where to put this, so here we go.

CAR:88 CRX Si w/B16 (which is for sale by the way)

I got a Matrix 4-2-1 header from a friend of mine but he bottomed out the downpipe so the guy who is going to do my exaust piping said he could cut out the sections that are pinched and weld in some new piping and just use the flanges. anyway, i'm going to ask him to weld an o2 bung on each downpipe. Now i'm running a pr3 and the Hondata website says if you are running one o2 to just unplug the o2 so the car doesn't run like shit. I want to run both o2's but if i can get away with running one, i will. The downpipe already has 1 o2 bung but that's at the collector and Hondata says each o2 needs to read the exaust for each cylinder pair. So anyone have an idea of what i could do and if anyone has just wired both pin slots to 1 o2? any ideas please.

{ So anyone have an idea of what i could do and if anyone has just wired both pin slots to 1 o2?}

I had the same problem when I put a header and exhaust on my 98 civic. I initally wired both o2 sensors together. It seemed to work for awhile - but the check engine light would keep getting thrown. I bought a new o2 sensor, lengthened the wires, and put it on the high flo kat. I STILL throw the CEL when I take the car on the freeway if the engine is cold. So, that's my experience on the subject. Everyone on this board advised me to get the second o2 sensor, so I did.

The ECU is designed to run 2 O2 sensors, so do it. I've heard bad things from some people that have wired them together. Better to run on the safe side and do things as much as possible the way Honda intended.

would anyone happen to know which o2 runs which pair of cylinders? does the o2 connected to pin c8 control cylinders 1 and 4, or 2 and 3?

Back