2 suspension questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

What is usually better for an everydaydriver/streetracer, Coilovers or springs? Also out of the three what sounds better H&R springs, Groundcontrol Coilovers, or skunk 2 Coilovers. I want a smooth ride + take some hard corners. I'm hearing good news about all of them.

Really, you didn't list any actual coilovers. Coilovers are a shock and spring set that allows for height adjustment. GC's and skunk2's are not coilovers, they are adjustable height springs.

As for comfort, it depends on the spring rate you go with. Skunk2 coilovers are actually an extermly stiff spring, and suck for comfort. Ground controls with a good shock would be a much better combination. Also, with GC's, you can basicly get any spring rate you want, so you can go as stiff or as soft as you want.

If your really looking for a compfortable spring, Progressive makes a great spring that doesn't impose on comfort too much.

:withstupid:

I agree, I don't like how any adjustable ride height springs ride. I would only go with normal springs or a true coilover like Sol said. Check out the H&R race springs, the suspension techniques maximum drop springs, eibach sportlines, or the progress springs.

If you are looking for a cheap coilover set check out the tokico RAK kit or the H&R cup kit. Both should be around $800.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 3 2004, 12:32 PM
:withstupid:

I agree, I don't like how any adjustable ride height springs ride. I would only go with normal springs or a true coilover like Sol said. Check out the H&R race springs, the suspension techniques maximum drop springs, eibach sportlines, or the progress springs.

If you are looking for a cheap coilover set check out the tokico RAK kit or the H&R cup kit. Both should be around $800.
[post=397683]Quoted post[/post]​

Omni coilovers are a very cheap coilover for the price, and are of great quality. They are non adjustable in stiffness, however, they are valved great for their spring rates.

Back