2000 02 Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crackz0r

Hey guys. Im not very familiar with cars at all. But i had the check engine light come on on my 2000 civic and took it in for diganostics and got a P0135 post
i bought the 02 sensor for bank 1 sensor 1
but im having trouble finding which of the two sensors is bank 1 and bank 2 so i can properly replace the broken one
Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
~Matt~

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that would be the sensor that goes in the header. The secondary one goes in the catalytic converter. Actually, how many wires does the one you bought have? If it's a four wire than it's the one that goes in the header.

ok im having one more problem...I have figured out which sensor is which, but i cant get it out. It is jammed due to rusting. Can anyone suggest any possible way to remove it even in its condition right now? I dont want to take it to the dealer because i bought the part already and that would be a complete waste of money

problem solved...Added heat with a blow torch to loosen it and it eventually came out, with a little bit of effort...
thanks for the help

I had that same problem a while back while installing a header. I couldn't get the o2 sensor to come out of the factory manifold. I ended up just putting the thing in a vice, hosing it down with WD40, and then cranking on it with a big breaker bar. Probably should have done what you did and heated it up a little.

Back