2000 civic Si starting problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoostedHatch

get tha fuck out!
ok my car has been having some starting issues, and sometimes it acts like it wants to start but it makes some aweful growling noise from the intake then puffs out blue smoke now it doesnt do this everytime only sometimes and it started here recently. ive changed plugs, plug wires, main relay, oil, dizzy cap, dizzy coil, and still nothing has worked. my car throws codes for a o2 sensor and a iacv code. before all this started i noticed it had a slight miss fire or hesitation when you would start out in first gear or when you shift into second gear. ive checked dizzy timing and t-belt timing and there both spot on. i am lost and confused on what else to do. any input would help.

I'd start at the IACV and o2 sensor codes. Resolve those problems and see if that changes the way the car behaves.

I think it would throw a code for it if that were the case.

not everytime. i had a hatch that kept throwing a map sensor cel and i changed the cps and car ran fine actually this car is doing the same thing my hatch did lol.

Had a similar problem just after i rebuilt my b18. Had a friend put the dizzy in, he put the little turning piece in 180 degrees backwards, guess it still went in just kinda hard. check that first.

Back