1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 civic si

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by mikesi, Feb 3, 2010.

1. mikesi

mikesi New Member

im having trouble with my vetc it throughs a p1259 vtec malfuction code, i checked the soleniod and it appreared to be ok, but when i am driving the car will sometimes not allow me to rev past 6000rpms it will act like i hit a rev limiter? i hooked the soleniod up to a battery and it had a faint click? i do not know what to do.... please help

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

CEL will give you a low rev limit and basically fuck your whole shit up
    i have not encountered that code before but...

quick google search

Check your VTEC oil pressure switch.

The way the VTEC oil pressure switch works is that it is a normally closed switch. The ECM sends a voltage to the switch and expects the voltage to go through the switch to ground. If the ECM reads a voltage on that circuit when the VTEC system should not be operating, it will turn on the "check engine" light and set a code. This code will be a P1259 on a vehicle with OBD-II. So if it isn't reading the voltage going to the ground, then it may think the vtec is activating when it shouldn't be. That's why it sputters around those RPM's.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

moving to EK general tech

4. mikesi

mikesi New Member

I put the oil pressure switch in, and it worked my car has had that code for at least 4 years, the car drives like never before, I have alot of mods and I guess I never really felt the power, I am really grateful for all of your advice, thank you. Mike

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted