2000 civic swap question??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oatmeal

whats up? I am new to the site and have some questions. I potentially going to put a B16A2 into my civic (bent a rod on the ole D16Y8). I found an engine and tranny for a decent price and with low miles, but that is all they have. No ecu or anything else. My question is what else will I need to get to this engine running and my car back on the road?

I dont really want a race car, buy I would like a faster car than what is currently sitting in my driveway. Cause I have thought about just putting another D16Y8 into her and selling it. But it would be fun to have the B16A2 in my car.
What are your thoughts? thanks

Correspondng Ecu, aftermarket or stock Si Axles, aftermarket or oem Mounts (refer to swap refrence material for which ones), shift linkage (again refer to the material), and if you want ac.. an aftermarket ac mount or an oem del sol ac mount. Depending on milage, put a new timing belt and water pump on it to be safe, also you could put all new gaskets on if you want to be anal about it.

I, personally, am strongly considering a b16 swak in my ej, but the b18 is just a few hundred more if you were to go through a place like hmotorsonline.com. but if you got a good price, jump on it!!

WOW... that is alot better deal on the website than what I am looking at. I guess I need to do some more research.

thanks

Back