2000 Honda Accord Distributor Replacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

So i found out my distributor(dist.) is leaking and the mechanic said it needs a new dist., cap and rotor. after looking at the parts, do i need the housing or the whole assembly?

Figure 1
Honda Automotive Parts - Shopping Cart

also, where is a good place to buy OEM stuff? the mechanic said this is one part he wont skip on and buys only OEM. ive heard some good exp with majestic honda? last time my local dealer priced match, hopefully ill get the same thing again too if i can.

most importnantly, hows the difficulty? the guy said about an hr worth of labor so for him he broke it down to:

1)dist.
2)cap
3)rotor
4)labor @ $77.50/hr

total $380 plus tax. on parts.

thanks fellas.

its super easy just unbolt i think 3 bolts and do it your self. and is it bad or is oil just leaking from it ?. i mean you can just put a new oil ring on it and be done with it. but if i was going to buy all new i would get the full assembly. ive always had luck with distributor king even tho it is aftermarket.

hey thanks man. mm the mechanic said it could've easily made a 500+ mile round trip to Portland, OR. So the leak isnt too bad? "Eventually you will need to take care of it."

would the oil ring be the o ring? bare in mind this is 170k original miles on it, so maybe i should just replace the whole thing? cash is super tight right though.

yes the o ring, and thats correct with my luck as soon as i fixed the leak the whole thing would go bad lol. call auto zone or someone like that and see if you can just get a new gasket it shouldnt be much.

thanks guy. ill replace the o-ring and gasket and see if that remedies it. if not, ill just have to wait and replace the whole thing.

again, thank you.

Back