2000 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikehonda

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about purchasing a 2000 Prelude SH but when i checked the carfax title it says that its a regular prelude. Normally it says SH on the title (on the other vechicles that i have checked). They guy says that he bought it from a dealer as a SH and that the SH badge and red engine valve cover confirms this. Is this true? What do yall think? Are there any specific characteristics of an SH model that I can confirm on this vehicle.

Thanks!

ilikehonda said:
Hi everyone,

I was thinking about purchasing a 2000 Prelude SH but when i checked the carfax title it says that its a regular prelude. Normally it says SH on the title (on the other vechicles that i have checked). They guy says that he bought it from a dealer as a SH and that the SH badge and red engine valve cover confirms this. Is this true? What do yall think? Are there any specific characteristics of an SH model that I can confirm on this vehicle.

Thanks!

1: Only prelude to get red valve cover is the Type S in Japan....NOT THE SH
2: The SH will be listed on the title.
3: The SH has a straight spoked rim, rather than the swirl style on the base model, if it has OEM rims
4: There is a big ass ATTS unit in the engine bay
5: The courtesy Lights in the Doors. Base model never came with them
6: It will have a wing, less the trunk was swapped out
7: The rear deck will NOT have a 3rd brake light
8: Stickers on the trunk
9: At start up there will be a ATTS light in the drivers HUD on the right hand side above the Fuel gauge.

thats all I cant think of off the top of my head

PreludeOnline.Com - powered by vBulletin
Absolute Prelude (Powered by Invision Power Board)

try these two sites for more info

number 9 is the best way to tell.

also look at the transmission and see what sticker it has on it. The SH is an M2U4 Tranny the Base is a M2Y4 transmission.

trannyserial.jpg

Thanks guys! Yall are awesome. I'll go take a look at it in person soon but from the pics i've seen so far it doesn't look like its an SH. I think ill continue looking or maybe negotiate a lower price...

Back