2000 sir engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sav x69

is the b18c5 a direct plug and play swap to my car? it currently has a b16a2 in it.
it is a 2000 civic SIR
Thanks

I've been researching my swap so I'll share what I've learned. Strictly speaking yes, everything will bolt up, don't think you even need to buy a mount. If you're putting the tranny in too you may need axles, not sure b/c I'm just swapping the long block, didn't check. You want to run the p73, some will say just run your P2T ECU, you can and it will run, but not well, get the ECU. If it's JDM you'll need to retrofit the EVAP purge, ckf sensor, and VTEC solenoid oil pressure sensor if your state has OBD2 based inspection scanning (like mine). This is so you can run your stock ECU for a week or so and pass inspection w/out codes. There are some good resources for short cuts to fake out the computer by tapping in other signals. If you search a number of walk throughs for this or similar swaps come up. The basic upshot is it's a relatively drop in swap, but will require some tinkering to get it all right. Also, the ITR header has a 2.5" collector, your cat is 2.25", get a high flow cat w/ 2.5"collector. Otherwise all the connections are pretty much plug and play from what I've seen.

Back