2000RPM "rev limiter" problem + overheat. HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nope not the fuel pump. or limp mode. all limp mode would do is disable VTEC and give me a 6k rpm rev limiter... not 2k. CEL's are (9): no. 1 cylinder position sensor, (14): IAC sensor, (41): 02 sensor. i checked the dizzy for the (9) and its got no continuity which is what its supposed to be.. so im clueless. brand new dizzy

I would try to find some one who has a working one that you could try before you go buy a new one, just to make sure that is the problem.

I would try to find some one who has a working one that you could try before you go buy a new one, just to make sure that is the problem.

what the dizzy?.. it cant be the dizzy its brand spanking new. and i tested for continuity is the listed areas and its all good. so it cant be the dizzy.

-Today we adjusted the cam a tooth over to see if that worked. still no solution.
all i have left is to wire the TPS and IACV and hopefully that solves the problem. :)
.....anyone have a wiring diagram for 1990 CRX SI? i could really use it switchin plugs from the 94 Civic harness i have for the motor. *Note* the harness was too badly cut up so no, i cant just swap it in my car..

hey good news to everyone that tried helping me. I fixed it.

me and a buddy of mine spent 4 hours probing every wire making sure things were hooked up right from the ECU. Lets just say Honda is a dumb ass for making at least 5 exact same plugs for various sensors in the engine bay. My MAP sensor ended up being my TPS, i don't have a MAP sensor plug ran for the aftermarket Manifold. My Coolant sensor ended up being my IAC valve sensor, and i don't have a Coolant sensor ran tothe block which i need to run also. But she revs like a charm. :)

Last edited:
Yep that would do it glad to hear you got it running.:thumbsup:

I know this thread is a month old, but that does not make sense. If there was anything other than than tps wires plugged into the TPS it would not even idle right let alone rev. Keep in mind that the tps needs atleast .4 volts just to hold an idle. Never the less, you got it going. Thumbs up to you. :cool:

Back