2002 VW Golf GLS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowassaccord

I just got a 2002 golf gls 4 door 2.0L first i want more power from the upper rpm's it seems like it has nothing past 4500 so, 4500 and up range. what ways should I look into and what brand ect.? Second im going to put neuspeed springs, do i need anything for camber? I am going to replace struts as well, any recomdations? I want euro licence plate for front where can i get it? Third i want a set of lightweight wheels, I had Regamaster Evo's for my honda never got them put on but they are 4 x 100 with +45 offset anyone want them new in box strait from japan I dont know what kind will fit the Golf but dont want to spend as much on these. fourth intake whats a good one? yes or no on front strut bar and rear sway bar ( do not want to take room of trunk with rear strut bar). anything else you want to add feel free.

Get a performance chip from Techtonics Tuning...have you thought about the Neuspeed supercharger? And get a K&N intake and some exhaust...I think Remus has nice VW exhausts...all that would prolly help some with your dilemma...

Originally posted by preluderjs@Oct 13 2004, 03:05 AM
Youd get a lot more help on vwvortex.com
[post=402042]Quoted post[/post]​

i would love it if i could get a responce on that site.but havent gotten one. although thanks for the help and advise.

some folks on that site have their head shoved so far up their ass i dont think they can see what you posted.

Originally posted by lowassaccord+Oct 13 2004, 02:45 PM-->
preluderjs
@Oct 13 2004, 03:05 AM

i would love it if i could get a responce on that site.but havent gotten one. although thanks for the help and advise.
[post=402227]Quoted post[/post]​

come to think of it, i have to agree, i have a vw and i still dont even post over there. but yea, neuspeed has a lot of good stuff for the 2.0, how much you looking to spend on the motor? the head sucks so its not gonna be easy to make power above 4500. your camber should be fine w/ the springs unless you go super low. As far as struts go, its hard to say, its all about what your looking for but if you look around vwvortex at threads already posted you might be able to find some info. www.edgeracing.com is a great place for lightweight cheap wheels that fit the golf. the wheels you need are 5x100. AEM has decent intakes and are CARB approved but just look around some more to find out what you want. highly recommend the rear sway bar and the front strut. if you go lower than about 1.8 inches on the drop there could be clearance issues with your front sway bar. good luck w/ your new car.

Originally posted by preluderjs+Oct 14 2004, 02:56 PM-->
Originally posted by lowassaccord@Oct 13 2004, 02:45 PM
preluderjs
@Oct 13 2004, 03:05 AM

[post=402227]Quoted post[/post]​

come to think of it, i have to agree, i have a vw and i still dont even post over there. but yea, neuspeed has a lot of good stuff for the 2.0, how much you looking to spend on the motor? the head sucks so its not gonna be easy to make power above 4500. your camber should be fine w/ the springs unless you go super low. As far as struts go, its hard to say, its all about what your looking for but if you look around vwvortex at threads already posted you might be able to find some info. www.edgeracing.com is a great place for lightweight cheap wheels that fit the golf. the wheels you need are 5x100. AEM has decent intakes and are CARB approved but just look around some more to find out what you want. highly recommend the rear sway bar and the front strut. if you go lower than about 1.8 inches on the drop there could be clearance issues with your front sway bar. good luck w/ your new car.
[post=402616]Quoted post[/post]​
i like neuspeed so im going to use as much as possible from them, is it worth it to just swap to a 1.8 or vr6? camber should be fine with .5" to 1"? thats about all im going to go i still need to be able to drive it everywhere. Struts i like to be able to adjust them im thinking koni's or just going to a coilover kit with struts with them. I had KYB AGX's on my accord and liked being able to adjust them. Thanks for all them help.

I dont know anythin about swapping VW motors or what the camber should be. sorry. I went with tokico illuminas and eibach sportline springs but they arent on my car yet (long fuckin story)

Back