2005 Engine on a 1995 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bladez

i waz jus wonderin if i can do a engine swap on a 1995 accord with a 2005 accord engine and is it worth it.....2005 accord 4 CYL ENGINE AND TRANNY 2.4 DOHC I-VTEC thats the engine specs and myne is a 1995 accord ex non v-tec 4 cylinder engine.....and if i could do the swap wat about the transmission.......please help meh out on this one thankz...oh yea they both automatic transmissions....mine is 4 speed auto and the 2005 one is 5 speed auto...i also want to know do i have to switch da transmission or can i styll keep da 4 speed wat are da goodz and badz on doin all these thingz .....p.s i jus want ti know if diz would improve on da gas mileage with normal driving......tankz

Last edited:
You'll have to spend a shit load of money to get this done. You'd have to buy custom motor mounts and you'd have to use the newer engine's transmission. Not worth it in my opinion...

Shit loads. Roughly.

I don't know man. You'd have the cost of the motor, which I'd say a grand probably at the minimum (unless you've got a hookup), plus the transmission, plus the expensive mounts, plus fabrication costs to put the mounts in and make the transmission fit, plus some pretty extensive wiring, plus custom axles and other miscellaneous parts...

I'd say five grand, absolute minimum, probably more like 7-8 grand once all is said and done...

Back