2006 STi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As the article says, they pulled in an ex-Alfa designer, hence that ugly-ass new front grille. The back isn't so bad (minus the ricey dual exhaust), but overall, I'm not impressed.

Please, Subaru, don't go the way of Honda. :(

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I've seen some of the older pictures before... but these are just nasty. I've never like the way Alfas look anyway.

:puke2:

ive seen other concept pictures not to far from the current sti-this ones ugly yes- but one can only hope

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fugly as hell. I hope that that doesnt go into production....or is the "mAd JdM" verson only!

I kinda like it, minus the dual exhaust and that center grille piece. IMO looks better than the current car. Sorry B. But to each his own. The current impreza body style looks too fat for my taste, and the hood scoop is unattractive. They should just run an fmic, it would make the car look 100% better IMO. The 2006 looks like its too tall, but overall, I like the look of the body better. If I got one of those, I'd promptly modify the grille though. Maybe painting that little ring in the middle a flat balck or something would make it look nicer.

doesn't look all that bad. it looks kinda of similar except for the grill and tail lights. the only thing still there is that horrible hood scoop.

Front Mount > Top Mount

i don't care how used to the scoop you get. it's still ugly as shit. but i'm still considering the STi as my next car. that or an M3 :)

The top-mount intercooler has been a staple of the Subaru design ever since they've been built. Look back to the early-90's turbo Legacies. I don't think that will ever change.

The top-mount has its advantages. Less turbo lag due to not having to pressurize as much piping (which in turn allows for a quicker-spooling turbo to be used), more protection in the event of a head-on collision, etc. Of course, it has its drawbacks too (heat soak from the engine when the car isn't moving).

Get rid of the "separation" in the front grill and redo the tails...then we'll have winner.

If any of you guys have seen the alfa romeos then you would now why this is such a big deal. Subaru has always been different and this concept is just so ugly, that it actually made me mad. :( I would have fired the designer for trying to rehash the same shit he's been doing at the other car company.

that grill looks like shit.... other than that, its okay

and top mount intercoolers are more of an economical thing than anything else. its way cheaper to build and assemble it that way. all they have to do is drop the whole engine with the intercooler attached into the car, instead of a front mount and having to plumb it to the engine.

subaru: cost effectiveness>front mount intercoolers :p
and most other car manufacturers think this way too.

"An artists impression of the 2006 Impreza WRC car. Note the grilles lower positioning"

Maybe he will get hit by a car before Subaru sees it.

Back