200hp in an all motor integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c97x

sorry boss, its turbo
hey whats up guys i have the 91 integra ls, ive been doing some serious thinking about which route to take with it. i was thinking about turbocharging it but lots of problems and money are delt with turboing i mean im looking at least2k+. But do you guys think its possible to make 200whp with the boltons available for the engine. when i go to back to college the engine is getting a rebuild including a valve job and probably some headwork. So basicly if i raise compression,run a hotter cam and the boltons ad a good tune do you guys think i could make around 200whp. i could do the ls/vtec but im not sure if i want to go that route.

yeah i found that right after i made the post, but i knew i would need new pistons and all the boltons including intakemani but i just wanted to see if it sounded right, thanks bud

Doing ls/vtec will put you there alot easier. You will have the low end tq and top end power. With just the ls you will just have tq and at the top end it will get killed.

first problem with a turbo is price, im spending at least like 2k for a nice kit, and i have to pay for my schooling, books, tools, etc...

i could build my own but im sure it will be incomplete and will end up nickle and dimeing me
then i have to get it tuned, and to do that i need to convert it to obd1 because afc's dont tune good enough for the turbo.

id love to go turbo believe me but i dont know if ill be able to

There's no need to buy an entire turbo kit dude.

you're probably better off buying individual parts and as for spending a lot of money on a turbo...simple way to fix this, go to a junk yard, find an old DSM, suck it's turbo out lol

1G - 14B
2G - T-25

I'm building my own turbo kit for my DA and I have quite a bit of parts for cheap.

all I need now is a BOV and a better exhaust and I'm there, i've spent no more than $400 so far.

i beg to differ on the "top end will get killed" comment. my non vtec pulls away from some ls/vtecs from lauch, 1st, 2nd and all the way thru 3rd my friend. not causing a ruckus, but i run 13's with 1.9 60ft times on a stock 91rs tranny non lsd. to the homie looking to build that all motor non vtec ls, build it !! its nice to be the underdog and just pull away......

all who own honda/acura's are a part of team-->
HARD
"HONDA ACURA RACING DEVELOPMENT"

see i wouldnt build a junkyard turbo, id use dsm injectors but thats about it, i want knew stuff and a bigger turbo than what comes on dsm's if i do turbo it im going for 250hp+. i know all about how to piece a turbo kit, but i choose to just buy a pre fabed kit

turbo cheaper if i really think about it...

you have no idea, there's alot of shit that is needed to get a turbo up and running nicely, and alot of work needed also just to install it i do my own work but still alot of time.

and i wouldnt go with junkyard trash, i want new turbo stuff which if you get the right parts costs some money, now if i want to run over 10psi then i gotta build the internals to handle that kind of abuses

plus dyno tuning costs

maybe an ebay turbo kit is cheaper than an all motor

id be happy with 180 whp its not being built for drag racing, its for autocross

you find me a turbo setup (complete) thats cheaper and ill give you ahundred bucks...

I don't understand. You claim you can't afford the $2,000 that you would need to spend to get a decent turbo setup, but you want to have your engine rebuilt (including headwork, port and polish, aftermarket pistons and other internals) plus add aftermarket cams and a bunch of bolt ons???

I don't know where you're planning to buy all this stuff, but I know I've spent almost a grand just on intake, header, and exhaust. There's no way you're going to do all of the stuff you want to do for under $2,000, unless you've got hookups out the ass...and even then...it's still gonna put a dent in your wallet.

Dollar for dollar, a turbo setup will make the most power and be the most cost effective.

i goto college for auto machanics so we have access to all the tools need to bore cylinders and head jobs, port and polish etc and its all free.

but it doesnt matter any more beacuse i just got a turbo kit of one of my buddies so everything is good.

Back