2010 honda pilot question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tsing Tao

This is my first post on any site so I apologise in advance for any gaffs that I make.
This is a 2 part question of sorts. I am a married father of four and currently drive a 2002 vauxhall zafira diesel in Scotland , UK. Not a car that I love but I have developed a grudging admiration for its abilities over nearly 6 years and more than 90,000 miles. My problem is that our 3 month old son has thankfully come through his open heart surgery and he has 2 full sets of grandparents so now our 7 seater is no where near big enough. The only 8 seater options on this side of the pond are tarted up commercial vans that are overpriced and quite frankly not that good to drive or even versatile with their crude fixed seats.
What I really really want is an 8 seater diesel minivan or SUV with folding seats. Top of the list being a Honda Pilot followed by an Odyssey.
Has any body got any confirmed dates and or details for the new V6 clean diesel for these models arriving? I believe its rumoured to be 2010.
Second question is if it is technically possible for either one of these vehicles to be converted to right hand drive.
Please help as Honda and GM USA have been no help when I tried to contact them and if it is possible to get a RHD conversion Diesel Pilot then we will hold of changing.
Thanks in advance

to swap to rhd would be perty easy juts costly. and im not sure but i think it is 2010 when it drops

Yeah, honestly for all the cost and hassle that this is going to be I would just look for a comparable vehicle that's already on sale where you live, or wait a year and get the new Pilot. Converting to RHD is going to be very expensive, plus not a lot of shops would probably be willing to do it on a vehicle that new. Also, don't forget about the costs of importing a vehicle to a country that that it wasn't designed for. You could easily end up spending the vehicle's price in just the importation fees and conversion costs...

Back