24 Hours of Lemons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think what they're saying is if you buy a car for say $1,000 then you would have to sell off or remove parts to get the value of the car down to $500.

Yes, a lot of lying and bribing occurs around this procedure as well. It is a panel of judges that "decide" what the car is worth. Receipts certainly help, but there are other ways. :p

I think what they're saying is if you buy a car for say $1,000 then you would have to sell off or remove parts to get the value of the car down to $500.
Never thought of that. Wonder if you could sell the hood, fenders, and other "technically" unnecessary body pieces.

Never thought of that. Wonder if you could sell the hood, fenders, and other "technically" unnecessary body pieces.
Absolutely.

My first year there was a mid 90s BMW 540 which had been in a roll over. They sold all the body panels and interior to recoup costs. It was literally a 540 drivetrain, unibody, cage and race seat. lol

EDIT:
Found the car, lol.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073653

But you can't count money from things like wheels and tires sold, any safety equipment you already get a by for cannot count for parts sold. An early 90s Accord EX would pop my bone. But it's not easy to make money back off of sold items from them.

But you can't count money from things like wheels and tires sold, any safety equipment you already get a by for cannot count for parts sold. An early 90s Accord EX would pop my bone. But it's not easy to make money back off of sold items from them.
Then you lie, cheat and bribe. It is the LeMons way my man! Just make the thing look beater as fuck and you should be fine. :)

Then you lie, cheat and bribe. It is the LeMons way my man! Just make the thing look beater as fuck and you should be fine. :)

I watched a team pull an envelope out of the engine compartment marked "LeMons Judges" and then say "It was in the car when we bought it, so, you know, we left it and figured it was yours." Said envelope contained $200, and completely negated their penalty laps. I watched this, as our BONE STOCK SATURN SC2 was 'awarded' -10 laps, because we had a new radiator, and a header that "looked cheaty."

My only regret was not cheating.

Back