240 or vr4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

alright i wanna start up a new project,but what should i choose? i have a 95 nissan 240sx that has 17 in. konig toxins,viper module,and an exhaust,but it's an AUTO.it's red with black leather interior. I also have a 92 galant vr4 that's in mint condition with 88k. it's bone stock,black,black rims,black leather interior. now should i sell the galant and throw that money into the 240 and swap in a sr20det,3 in. exhaust,fmic,bov,boost controller or sell the 240 and throw that money into the galant and make it run mid 12's? PLEASE I NEED OPINIONS FROM PPL WHO KNOW THEIR SH*T! thnx alex

VR4... MUCH more rare than the 240, and it's already set up for turbo, plus a 4 door is much more of a sleeper and will fly more under cops' and thieves' radar. :)

a friend has a vr4. if you can find one (only like 4000 made from 91-92), jump on it. they're spendy for the mileage and model year, but you've got the good 4g63 block.
the one my friend has isn't that modded. just rotas, suspension, and exhaust and he killed my 5.0 mustang. i wanted to trade cars with him but nothing will make him depart with it.

vr4 all the way 4g63s are unbelieveably stout engines with plenty of potential, only drawback is the infamous transmission problems but still i dunno the sleeper appeal would be awesome and i too am sick of hearing about 240s though sr20det swap is very tempting <_<

hmmm lets see, turbo awd or rwd in two cars that have basically the same strength blocks and are around the same weight.

cheaper insurance on the vr4, awd, and replacement parts from any eclipse gsx or talon tsi. Plus it comes stock with the nice 14b turbo that you can upgrade to a 16g evo turbo. hmmmm

awesome! thnx for all the replies guys.this just proves that hondaswap is such a better forum than hondatech.all they gave me were b.s answers. i think i'm gonna stick with the vr-4. the only thing that sux is that my grandpa is giving me the 240 as my christmas present so selling it would be kinda...rude, i guess. oh well i think he'll understand!haha well thnx again guys and i'll post pics when ish all done

:werd:

That's why I stopped posting on H-T. It's mostly assholes and people whoring out threads with BS.

hmm......I will go against the grain and pick the 240 on this one. But i guess its what you want to do with the car.

Back