240sx brake upgrade question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i don't want to spend the money to do the 300zx 5 lug upgrade on my 240sx so i was thinking about the 4 lug/26mm setup....do i need anything other than the calipers,rotors,pads and brake lines?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i don't want to spend the money to do the 300zx 5 lug upgrade on my 240sx so i was thinking about the 4 lug/26mm setup....do i need anything other than the calipers,rotors,pads and brake lines?

The Z32 Brake upgrade is mad cheep . . . just shop around.

the 5 lug is expensive. it is around $750-$1000. I don't want to spend that much. plus i don't need that much performance.

^ hence the words "whole setup"

He only had to buy some earl's ss brake lines.

i'd do the 5lug before i upgraded the 4-lug, thats for sure.

simply because, finding decent wheels in 4x114.3 sucks ass.

Quoted post[/post]]
i'd do the 5lug before i upgraded the 4-lug, thats for sure.

simply because, finding decent wheels in 4x114.3 sucks ass.

Seriously.

Good luck finding anything other than 15inch Meshies or Wantanabes in a 4x114.3.

Besides, i have the z32 breaks on my car and their stopping power is incredible.

OZ lancer wheels fit, and how do all the dorifto guys get their huge lightweight wheels?

most of them are all 4x114.3 still.

If you are looking for the cheap.... upgrade your lines, fluid, rotors and pads.... then realize you are an idiot for not upgrading your basics first.

Quoted post[/post]]
OZ lancer wheels fit, and how do all the dorifto guys get their huge lightweight wheels?

most of them are all 4x114.3 still.

Run Mitsu Starion wheels . . . . low offset ftw!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
If you are looking for the cheap.... upgrade your lines, fluid, rotors and pads.... then realize you are an idiot for not upgrading your basics first.

:werd:

Its not like you are working with a honda . . . the 240 is just an entirely different car. Its not a honda where you can upgrade your power before your safety features. With the 240, its safety first.

yeah. cash is right.

but even with stock sized brakes, SS lines, hitemp fluid, nice rotors and track-type pads do make a HUGE difference in stopping power.

in my case, my stock rotors on the mirage were like 6" and solid. i paid $175 shipped for 02 LS brakes, with powerslot rotors and EBC greenstuff pads, which made a huge difference. they are 9" i believe. i would have upgraded eventually but the deal was too good to pass up.

www.fastbrakes.com

they have the Q45 kit for like 400 bucks. with 2-piston sliding calipers, and 11in rotors.

and it clears stock SE-7spokes.

:werd: to the kits on arizona Z car. those look awesome. kinda spendy though.

Quoted post[/post]]
www.fastbrakes.com

they have the Q45 kit for like 400 bucks. with 2-piston sliding calipers, and 11in rotors.

and it clears stock SE-7spokes.

I heard about the Q45 set up. that sounds like a good idea to me. i pretty much have the engine stuff about 75% how I want it. now I just need to pick brakes and suspension then i'm on to the outside. my car looks like ass. but it's a "project car" so I get a free pass on that.

how does the Q45 set up compare to 26mm 300zx?

between stock and the 26mm.

Stock------ 1piston ----- 9.8in
Q45 ------- 2piston ---- 11in
26mm ----- 4piston ----10.8in (i think)

from what i understand both the Q45 and 26mm will fit under stock 7-spokes... i dont know about teardrops though. depending on where you get the 26mm kit they usually just get 300zx rotors and re-drill them for 4lug, so you can bolt them on, and the same would be true of the FB Q45 kit (since the Q45 is 5-lug) but FB got a proper 4lug rotor that fits the S13 and Q45 calipers.

the real question is.... Is it worth another $300 to have 4piston brakes. the 11in 2pisont kit should be a rediculous difference over stock, personally its not worth it to me,unless you really want your calipers to say nissan on them.

money aside, i would DEFINATELY get the 11in kit off of arizonazcar.com. its basically the fastbrakes 11in kit, only arizonazcar uses 2piece rotors with aluminum hats, versus the 1piece rotors in the fastbrakes kit.

Back