255 fulepump and N/A motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ihatemyprelude

well the turbo is off my car but i forgot about that fuel pump, will i be ok with a welbro 255 and a N/A D15B? will it effect my MPG at all? or any effect? thanks.

i had a 255 n a del sol and the line pressure was rediculus. mianly the return line but it did promote problems. i wouldn't recomend it for n/a motors. i speak only from trying it. what happened was that basicaly to much pressure. caseing damage to lines and running statis wasnt the best. hard starts. and doggish on low end with losts of fuel bei slamed into the thottle body. but it may work for you.

wow disreguard the post above thats all i have to say about that

You won't see many problems, but it could lead to issues down the line.

I'd swap it back to the stock pump if you still have it, but it isn't one of those things that's like "OMG YOU NEED TO DO THIS RIGHT NOW."

ya i have to drive to IL from FL, and back soon. So i dont want a boo boo on my fuel line.

yes it will be fine. there is only pressure BEFORE the regulator. the return line has no restrictions but the physical size of the hose.... pressure would never build in that line even if you were flowing 500lph. for your fuel pressure however, that could be slightly high, but nothing to worry about (1-2psi higher than normal.) and that's only because of the way the regulator works. it's just a simple spring along with a diaphragm that's pulled on by vacuum.

Back