2k rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

madteggy

does ne one know how too fix idling
my engine idles at 2 1/2 to 3 k rpm
wat sensor would it be

As far as i know from messing with my throttle body--

- there is a screw that can turn idle up and down under throttle cable on the TB but id doesnt sound like that unless someone pranked you and screwed it in. lol funny stuff

- the sensor on the side the (tps) throttle position sensor can be moved if its bolted on but it wont mess with the idle like that( i've done it before to get a little more fuel) but if its broke or put in incorectly then it will affect idling like you say.

- not sure if the sensor on top(MAP) will affect your motor like that

Really sounds like you have something else wrong other than you TB

thats all i know, are you running any codes? have any other info?

Last edited:
im not runining any codes checked again my idle is at 2k will drop if i turn on ac im runing ls v but had the same problem wit my ls im not sure wats wrong i had put my ls tb on b16 mani

have you worked on the car recently?? could be a vacuum leak. .. take you IACV off and clean the screen

is your throttle plate closed when you're not pushing on the accelerator? there is some room for adjustment on the throttle cable.

if its not throwing codes and since you swapped it you might mess with the throttle cable.... give it alittle slack and that should take care of it but if not you might mess with the TPS

first check all of the vac. lines.

long shot but it would be the throttle cable itself, for some reason one day mine kept sticking open and it would be at about 3k when it was at idle, I sprayed some wd40 on it and it was fine.

Back