2nd synchro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

whenever i redline first and shift to second, it makes a slight grind and then slips in. It never did this until recently and i was wondering if it could be my short shifter causing the problem i'm probably going to put the stock shifter back in and see what happens but was wondering if this was the cause. it doesn't seem to do this in any other gear.

Switch back to your normal shifter and see if the same thing happeneds, and if not, switch back to the shorty. Its not that hard to switch them so it wont take that long at all, and it will focus it on your shifter. If the grinding continues it probably has something to do with your gearbox maybe.

i think it's shifting too fast because of the short shifter. i'm thinking the stock shifter will slow it down enough to keep from grinding

i switched them and the stock shifter is a lot smoother and more natural. i haven't really got on it yet though. I'm liking the stock on more though and now my shifter boot won't stay up. damn problems never end.

Back