3 Stage Vtec Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supundilusha

Hi all,I have an EG8 with a Carb engine (manual tranny). Now I have put 3 stage Vtec enginge with my existing manual tranny. New engine (3 stage) is a multimetic (auto). ECU is P2J-J63 (auto). My mechanic did the job well and now its running Ok. There was a serious problem which is since my car was Carb there was no dash board plug that connects to the engine harness ( I think its called C131 plug- the green one). Now CEL light is not working at all. Is there any way of fixing this. If there a way to manully set a seperate CEL indicator, that is also fine.Awaiting your responses!!!Thanks to all.

Hi K2e2vin,

What you have given are not what I need. In simply I need to get my Check Engine Light (CEL) working. If cannot make use of CEL in the dashboard near RPM gauge (since dash board harness is not connected with engine harness), it is good enough if you can tell me how to have a seperate LED working instead of CEL in the dashboard. I just need to know wiring for the CEL Light.

Thanks in advance.

I just gave you what you need: the pin where the signal comes from.

Hi K2e2vin,Sorry that I had to bug you. Yes I found it in ".:FFS TechNet : OBD2a ECU Pin out Schematics". I think the pin is the one called MIL - Malfunction Indicator Light" isnt it? So if I connect a LED to this MIL other end of LED to ground will it be working. Sorry I am a kind of newbie to the auto electronics. pls advice. Thanks in advance

If your dash check engine light is working then yes ground the MIL wire and you should see the check cel flash the codes.

Thanks mate for both of you. Will check that and come back to you. In the mean time I need another expert advice. As I told you all earlier I have put 3 stage multimetic engine (ECU-> P2J-J63) with manual gearbox that comes with the EG8 carb engine. What are your thoughs on this swap. I really need to know how it affect on the fuel efficiency and the performance.

Thanks in advance

The 3-stage engine is pretty much the "jack of all trades"; it can run at low RPM efficiently like the D15Z1 VTEC-E engine and up top has the power of the JDM D15B VTEC.

I'm not exactly sure what gear ratios the carb engine came with, but that 3-stage engine should be able to get very good fuel economy with DX transmission or a longer transmission from the CX/VX(the longer transmissions take better advantage of "VTEC-E").

Back