300 on DVD today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think that the $23 one is the special edition 2-disc and the $14 is the regular one if Im not mistaken...

Is the DVD DTS compatible?
Warner has supplied both next-gen editions with matching Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround tracks (48kHz/16-bit), but this Blu-ray is also graced with an additional PCM 5.1 surround option (48kHz/16-bit/6.9mbps). Right upfront, the PCM sounded a bit louder, but after some level matching, a direct A/B comparison of several scenes revealed only slight differences. Although I'm sure this disc will stir up the whole TrueHD vs PCM debate, either way you slice it, the action scenes in '300' deliver the kind of demo-worthy audio that should be pure nirvana for any home theater enthusiast.

I don't understand any of that. Yes or no? My home theatre (which doesn't include an HD player for DVDs) supports DTS. I try to buy DVDs with DTS as often as possible. I love annoying my neighbors.

I think that the $23 one is the special edition 2-disc and the $14 is the regular one if Im not mistaken...
Yea I think your right. I bought the $15 copy at BestBuy last night and was a little upset that it doesn't have all the extra features. Whatever, it was still awesome.

BTW is that you in your avatar? haha.

Yea I think your right. I bought the $15 copy at BestBuy last night and was a little upset that it doesn't have all the extra features. Whatever, it was still awesome.

BTW is that you in your avatar? haha.

yeah really. fucking scandelous seat belt action.

Back