4 Wire O2 Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Acura_GS90

Hey

I just finished putting a b17a1 in my 1990 Integra,,, but im getting a O2 code and it might be the sensor because the engine is outta a smashed car but I was wondering how important it is to use the shielded wire for the o2 and if you can use the grn/white wire off of the map sensor, for the sensor ground, right now i have the yel/blk wire going to the yellow black wires on the end of the fuel injector harness for 12 volt and the whit wire going into the car to the ecu but its unshielded (half way), and then organe black to the ecu and i used the grn/whit off of the map sensor for sensor ground, which wasn't the best choice becasue the wiring diagram for the gsr shows the coolant sensor and o2 on the same line but i read in another form that you can use the grn/white on any of the sensors and the map was easy to get too,, anyway any help would be great because i don't want to buy a new sensor if the wiring it wrong.

Thanks

Back