4 wire o2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm planning on installing a wide band o2 sensor in the very near future, and I'm wondering how do I do this using a pm6, I read the write up and all I've been finding is to use a p28. I was wondering if I could just chip my pm6 with either a p28 base map or just tune my pm6. I still want to keep it obd0 for a while. thanks for the help

Leave your stock o2...
weld in another bung for the wideband and just run the wideband as a gauge, not as the reading for your car.

you probably don't want to leave it in all the time anyway... wideband o2 sensors don't last very long before they are too sooted up and don't register correctly.

oh thanks, I didn't know they didn't last long. so what should I do just get a little screw in so when I'm not using it just screw it in?

actualy I just remembered, I bought a full exhaust and installed it the other day and on the cat there are two o2 bungs. could I just use those or is it a better idea to have it closer to the exhaust manifold?

That would be fine, its not like the exhaust gasses are excaping at the header and they wont make it to the mid-pipe, sorry for the douche comment.

no it's cool, I just wasn't sure if there was a "better" place to have it, I know some people that have it on the header itself, others that have it on the down pipe, others that have it on the cat and I just wasn't sure if one was better over the other or not

right before the cat is the best place. it will get the most accurate reading from all runners

thanks! would it make a difference if it was after the cat? because on mine it has the 2 bungs after the cat itself before the flange to the straight pipe? get what I mean, I kind of worded it odd

yes, do not put the wideband after the cat. it won't be an accurate reading.

You can order a chip from xenocron or I could burn you a custom one if you like? I would recommend xenocron though unless you want to burn a EEProm with your own setup, but he can provide all the parts and information for tuning with a wideband. You would need a chip or kit and datalogger, you can always use a a/f gauge to see if it's lean or rich though. Turboedit is the only tuning software I know of that is opensource for free on a OBD0 Ecu. At least the most stable one to use anyways. I am running my own tuned map on my pm6 with zero problems. Are you running a A6, Z6 or Y8? Vtec or what does your setup look like? I am interested in learning here.

390~Mini-Me-Goldmember-Posters.jpg

Back