400 channels and nothings on

which would you do?

• dish network (sbc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other opt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
I am getting a new apt and looking at options for tv. I don't watch alot of TV but i do want the best bang for the buck. Let me know what you all think and post if you have any negative experiences. I have digital cable right now and its like 60.00 where as I can get dish stuff for like 40.00.

My parents had direct tv and that sucked, good luck getting a signal when there is any kind of storm or if you live in a wooded area. We had charter digi at my old apartment but that was pretty expensive, like $120/ month (w. HD channels) As for dish network, havent tried it.

digital cable dvr sucks balls. DirectTV tivo rocks my socks. the interface is much more visually appealling, easy to follow, and you can search for things to record and see when they will be on and look up repeats. you can schedule to record every new episode in one menu, you cant do that, atleast not easily, with dvr. My parents have Direct TV and when i was at school i had digital cable with dvr, direct tv kicks the shit out of it. more user friendly, better visuals, search feature, just tons better. Ive had both, and i watch a lot of tv and use the features to their full extent.

I have digital cable with HDTV...Basic cable looks like shit compared to digitial, digital looks like shit compared to HDTV.

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 27 2005, 07:04 PM
I have digital cable with HDTV...Basic cable looks like shit compared to digitial, digital looks like shit compared to HDTV.
[post=492215]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Price wise and service wise I like my Direct TV "I have both Cable AND Direct TV"
On another note unless we're in the middle of a major snow storm we never lose service. It sounds like who ever installed your dish put it in a shitty spot where water/snow collect easly.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 27 2005, 07:19 PM
btw, satelitte is all digital channels, just like digital cable, dont believe the hype!!
[post=492220]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but my satellite video doesn't do the "fucked stream looking for a key frame" every half hour when watching a movie.

Satellite for TV, cable for internet.

Back