48 Hour LS/Vtec install..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

This is a gentleman's 2000 SI that brought a E-Manage in on Friday at 3:00 to get installed. I started talking to him about some upgrades to the car that could be done before Mondays 9:00AM Dyno Apointment. So we got to talking and we have a Few LS Blocks that have been prepped and machined for a LS/Vtec setup.

So long story short he said if you can get it done by Monday lets do it.. So we rushed our asses off and Worked also on Sunday to finish it.

The reason for such low Numbers are we use a Very Very conservative Dyno here in town that is known to be 15-20% on the low side. It is a Mustang Dyno also so it reads very strict.

But once we get a header, a exhaust and some cams in the car she should be a screamer. I just got done taking it out and it's a very fun car to drive and makes me want to pull my car out of storage.. That and the 50 degree weather today.. :) The car feels much stronger than mine (all motor) so we might have to pull mine out and see how it compares.

Enjoy the write up.. (Note the MSD install is his and has been changed since completion).

http://www.transonicracinginnovations.com/...9a9205ce6bd8c95

nicely done....

If I hadn't read that part where you were on a mustang dyno, I woulda thought it was garbage (not really but..yea).

I mean 146/107 isn't bad, if it were a b16.

Very nice though, what do you think it's actually putting out?

That engine is getting so choked up right now with the Stock B16 Header on it and stock Exhaust.. Were still going to play with timing a bit and we have a Header, Exhaust and Cams hopefully to go in by next month then she will open up..

you are the man little boy... j.k. LOL hahaa, actually, really nice job man, good work... if you were in L.A. i'd have to check you out... i guess I can take a trip up there to check your shop out for fun :D

Yeah sometimes when we want to we can slang some shit out quickly.. Usually we don't want to though.. :)

Now onto the NA Eclipse to get the Hahn Kit installed.. I won't share pics of that though.. Its a Non-Honda.. :)

Our owner around here is one of the biggest Toyota nuts you'll find.. He has owned like 12 or so MR2's and also currently owns one we are getting ready to do a the SC swap in it. We are also taking the 2nd Gen Turbo Motor and swapping it into a 1st Gen so thats kinda cool.. You should talk to him about Toyota's sometime on our forum.. His name on there is Fstrnldr.

Back