4th gen sway bars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

will EF front and rear sway bars fit on a 88 DX
if not what does it take to make them fit and is it worth the trouble
if not can i use CRX Si rear sway bar on the DX?

Just so you know hte front and rear sway bars off an Integra fit,.. you have to mount the rear mounts if you have a DX there are no hangers for the sway bar.

ok so i need all the mounts from the donor integra right ?
and i'm guessing you talking about the 90-93 tegs right?

Originally posted by BoogieDown@May 26 2004, 06:45 PM
ok so i need all the mounts from the donor integra right ?
and i'm guessing you talking about the 90-93 tegs right?

you are correct. get the rear hangers from the donor car they we held on by i believe 2 bolts per hanger then the 1 bolt on either side of the sway bar... you may also need the rear control arms from an Si CRX

i have seen a kit they sell for the rear sway bar but its the front i have seen will not fit. this is on Jegs. or i might be wrong all together i have had a few beers tonight so i dunno

the front will fit perfectly... ef9civicgen4 and I did this "swap" on this swap on his car... we put a 93 integra frnnt sway bar on his 89 civic hatch with no problems in about 30 minutes.

the rear however is not so easy. if its anything other than an Si, you do not have mounting holes for the hangers or the actual say bar on the lower control arms. to fix this, you can either buy aftermarket lower control arms or get a set from a 89-91 CRX/CIVIC SI... only the si's came with rear sway bars. 88 WILL NOT WORK.

I dont know if that would be a good idea... if you drill the mounting holes through the rear LCA you may run into integrity problems the hole on the Si's rear LCA isnt all the way through... you be better off getting Si R-LCA's

i looked today and the sway bars i got from an 88 CRX Si front and rear with the LCRs. sooo i need to return them?? they look like they will mount up

Back