4wd accord question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kitnamore

I have "idiot" idea - swap my ff with JDM accord\torneo (maybe orphia\crv\hrv) AWD.
So, I know what some accords\torneo and etc autos have awd. Any chance to swap it to accord 94-97 ?

Its one of those "If you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it" To do the swap, you have to do massive amounts of custom fabriaction, and costs thousands to complete. There is no step by step how-to guide because its pointless to do. Buy a scoobie.

CRVTEC
Are you sure, I am talk about hoda torneo, not toyota trueno? Because I have several catalogues and official information, what torneo not same with corolla. Also torneo have same wheelbase as same years accords - 2665mm and have very close external look to same years accords.
here is offical press-release:
http://world.honda.com/news/1999/4990121.html
Also torneo and accords have AWD not rwd in some versions but only for JDM versions.
I need to see under hood space to see 1 thing - engine position - normal or turned on 90 degrees.
Also I know some peoples which can get AWD from orphia to civic in 1k details and $200-300 for work in my area (Eastern Europe). It's nt a problem and no need much work to do that.

asmallsol
I know what you do not have guide to do that swap, but my question is - is it possible with details from AWD accord (97-02) or same years torneo or from orphia\crv\hrv? Only theory question to make decision - it's possible to do with standart details with small modifications or not.

hey, we got the new RL. dont complain or they might take it away.

CRVTEC
Just need motor bay photo to see engine position.

Anyone have infromation about this 4wd?

YangpaNemsay
I can get car or parts from Japan, it's not a problem, but I need infromation.

the shape of that Torneo somewhat reminds me of a lancer. Its pretty nice looking.

i'm sure its possible and it seems shops by you do it, so go for it...

you won;t find info on those cars on this website though...

try using a translator and searching pages with a .jp suffix for pictures of the engine bay

or maybe check car reviews, they will often say what has changed and usually if the engine position in relation to the car has changed they will mention it in the review...

Prowler
rare car in me area :-(

reckedracing
I am already in contact with one of accord wagon 4wd owner and I know - engine position same with mine. It's good news. Now I am in process to get cost of this swap and time. Second problem - new tranny, need some additional electronic work to fit my ecu...

Back